Monday, October 24, 2011

How do you replace rear brakes on a 2002 Mercury Cougar. I do not see any bolts to remove like the front pads

Wanted to change the pads on my read brakes and I do not see any bolts to remove the calipers. Am I missing something?How do you replace rear brakes on a 2002 Mercury Cougar. I do not see any bolts to remove like the front padsHere you go;

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-OKVKas41c

When you rotate the piston to get it to retract, you don't need the special tool. I just use a decent sized needle nosed pliers and stick the tips into the notches. And I have the special tool!



Also, you may notice that the inner pad has a knob on the back. The piston should be rotated all the way in, and then back out just enough so that the knob fits in one of the notches. I guess Chilton's forgot to mention that! :-)



P.S. you need to be logged in to a Yahoo account to access this page, but I assume you already are. Click the little magnifying glass on the lower right of the pic, and then save the full size version. Then you can open it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.How do you replace rear brakes on a 2002 Mercury Cougar. I do not see any bolts to remove like the front padsAre they, maybe, drum type brakes?



I really don't mean to be facetious, but I would say you need a maintenance manual for your particular auto and the proper tools to tackle the job. I'd be in the same *spot* if it were me. Lotsa Luck!How do you replace rear brakes on a 2002 Mercury Cougar. I do not see any bolts to remove like the front padsare they drum brakes? Im not sure but i thought that those cars had disks all the way round but maybe not..

No comments:

Post a Comment