Thursday, September 22, 2011

Does anyone know how to change the brake pads on a 2004 Explorer Sport Trac??

I'm going to attempt to change the brake pads on my 2004 Sport Trac. I have completed two brake jobs in the past, but had a friend with me who used to be a mechanic. Can anyone give me any pointers or assistance with how to go about changing the pads?? I'm also planning on changing pads on a 2003 Ford Taurus...is it the same way to change both? I know both have front disc brakes...please help.Does anyone know how to change the brake pads on a 2004 Explorer Sport Trac??Both vehicles are fairly straight forward. I would buy a Haynes type manual or go to the Ford dealer and see if they will photocopy the shop manuals. Be careful with the Sprt Trac beacuse if you turn the steering without the engine running(as we do with most front brake jobs) it will get an air pocket in the steering system that will have to be bled out or driven until it bleeds itself. If you drive the sport trac with the air pocket in the steering system it will appear fine until you get to the highway and go around a bend at which time it will shake so violently you will think a wheel has fallen off. Trust me it is not fun. I suggest going to a shop that has free brake inspection re check your work and I suggest to buy a good torque wrench and tighten the wheels to spec. Good luck.Does anyone know how to change the brake pads on a 2004 Explorer Sport Trac??Buy the maintenance book from an automotive store. Step by step instructions with pictures.Does anyone know how to change the brake pads on a 2004 Explorer Sport Trac??Yes, but he was killed in an unfortunate traffic accident!Does anyone know how to change the brake pads on a 2004 Explorer Sport Trac??Salam



Purchase the pads and the right tools, they are star headed bots that have to be removed. They are not allen keys anymore.

Several very old tools can do the job with one new star head bit on a rachet.Does anyone know how to change the brake pads on a 2004 Explorer Sport Trac??My local Ford dealer does a great job at that. Why try when for a few bucks you can have a pro do it, also if you screw it up, nada, if they screw it up, big buck payday awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment