Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to change brake pads on a 2003 mazda 6?

I just recently bought a 2003 Mazda 6 with 25,000 mile on it. I notice that there is a slight sqeeke when I break and would like to change the pads now before they wear the rotor. I first thought about going to the shop but the idea of spending $150.00 per axal is appalling (especial when you consider that a set of pads for the front and another for the back only cost a total of $40.00). I also own a 1997 Mazda 626 and have done the front brakes on it a number of times. What I needed to know is is there any difference between changing the brakes on the old one versus the new one. Are there any special tools I need? Are there any free online resources for repair and maintanance? I tried to find a Chiltons or a Haynes at my local auto store but they don't have one for a Mazda 6. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I plan on doing the brakes today so that I may take a road trip this weekend. ThanksHow to change brake pads on a 2003 mazda 6?http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?opti



http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?opti



That site, and mazda6club.com have all the information you will ever need for your car.How to change brake pads on a 2003 mazda 6?No, brake pads technology hasn't changed. You could probably follow the same procedures you did on you 1997.



The only special tools are what it takes to remove the calipers. Some use Torques, other allen, I prefer just the regular bolts but you'll have to take the wheel off to see what was used.



Yeah, the Mazda 6 is too new to see anything on line too. (sorry)

Autozone has put out a great set of manuals for all older vehicles that you can get online now.

(ie for your 97 Mazda)

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker



However like I said most brake systems haven't changed much and replacement has been done in the same fashion.How to change brake pads on a 2003 mazda 6?It is the same process for changing the pads on any car. What you are primarily paying for with brake jobs is labor. Yes, the parts are $40, but that means you are being billed $110 for labor, and since the standard labor rates for mechanics are around $60 an hour, that's about two hours work, which is about right.
  • sexy hair
  • wavy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment