Monday, September 19, 2011

I am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?

Use a C-clamp....or put something flat(the old brake pad) over the piston and push really hard, it won't move fast, but isn't too hard to push by hand if you have to.I am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?Just use a %26quot;C%26quot; clamp.



Depress the piston all the way and count to three then release the clamp and insert padsI am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?When the mechanics do mine the use a large c clamp to compress the calipersI am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?You can leave the old brake pad in the caliper and squeeze with a giant set of channel lock pliers, or buy a caliper depresser tool.I am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?big pair of channel locks,or a big C clamp.I am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?pair big channel lock or special tool meant to do that job please remove cover of the master cylinder so the fluid can run back easy have funI am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?Either a G clamp or Lge vice grip.[Loosen cap on brake fluid reservoir,to ease pressure when pushing piston flush,just gently wind,with a little bit of pressure on clamp] Same apply to vice grip.

have fun!I am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?take out pad on the inside closest to the caliper get your jack handle out your car pry in between the caliper and the rotor it should move no problemI am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?depends on how it is made. i know on some cars the caliper piston screws back in you can get the tool at almost any part store. if it just pushes in first take off the cap where you put brake fluid in. if it is full suck out some fluid and leave the cap loose. I use a 6in c clamp and one of the old pads. also only do one side at a time you dont want to push one side, and the other piston pushes all the way out it is a @#$:%26quot; to get it back in. hope this helps.I am changing the front brake pads on a 99 Wrangler. How do I compress caliper piston to fit new pads?I normally do this before removing the caliper. with a pry bar..pry on the brake pad on the piston side of the caliper. this will compress the caliper all the way in. remove the caliper and replace the brake pads. Don't forget to push bolting mounts back as well. I normally remove these and brush them then put some antiseize lubricant on them for smooth operation.
  • How to make a baby quilt
  • designs on your real nails
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment