Thursday, September 22, 2011

HOW DO I CLEAN THE BRAKE CALIPERS IN THE FRONT OF MY CAR?

I BARELY GOT THE BRAKES CHANGED IN THE FRONT OF THE CAR AND THEY ARE ALREADY MAKING A HIGH PITCHED NOISE, SO I GOT THEM CHECKED AGAIN. THE PAD ON THE INSIDE STILL HAS PADDING LEFT BUT THEN ON THE OUTSIDE THEY ARE WORN DOWN TO NOTHING. THE CALIPERS ARE NOT MOVING SIDE TO SIDE EVENLY AND ITS WEARING DOWN ONE SIDE DOWN MORE THAN THE OTHER. SO HOW DO I CLEAN THE CALIPERS SO THAT I KNOW THAT IM DOING THIS THE RIGHT WAY. EXACTLY RIGHT! SO THAT I GET MORE USE BEFORE I SPEND MONEY I DONT HAVE TO GET NEW ONESHOW DO I CLEAN THE BRAKE CALIPERS IN THE FRONT OF MY CAR?You don't mention the type of caliper you're dealing with (fixed or floating). If they're floaters, remove them and clean the pins they slide on, and apply a little grease when you reassemble them. If they're the fixed type, you're looking at a rebuild or replacement. If the car is more than 2 yrs. old change the fluid too. Good luck.HOW DO I CLEAN THE BRAKE CALIPERS IN THE FRONT OF MY CAR?The problem is that your caliper sliders are not greased, on the caliper their is a slider that you take off, clean and re-grease. When the sliders seize (due to lake of grease), the two sides of the caliper do not close simultaneously and only the inside brake pad wears. If your able to take off the slider, clean them and grease them, if not you have to replace the whole unit.HOW DO I CLEAN THE BRAKE CALIPERS IN THE FRONT OF MY CAR?Replace both calipers before installing new brake linings. The pistons that go in and out when you apply your brakes cannot be %26quot;cleaned%26quot; but have to be honed out and rebuilt if possible. They may have too much rust built up to even be rebuilt. Make sure all slides are are cleaned and lubed before installing new calipers. Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment