Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do you change the brakes on a 330 BMW xi ?

I own a 330 BMW xi. It is a four door car and it was made in 2003. Anyway, my car is a certified pre-owned car, so I took it to a dealership for a couple problems to be fixed. Anyway, the dealership told me that it would cost approximately $1,500.00 to fix both the front and back brakes on my car... I was super upset about this so I wouldn't allow them to touch my brakes. I figured that I would just do it myself so I could save some money. What would you guys do? Do any of you know how to replace the brakes on a BMW? Where do you purchase brakes at? How should I replace them? Also, are there certain brakes that I should purchase for this car? Take care everybody.How do you change the brakes on a 330 BMW xi ?You can purchase brake pads (front %26amp; rear sets), brake rotors (4), brake sensors (2) from Bavarian Motorsport. They may not be the cheapest, but they are very reliable, and much cheaper than dealers.



Replacing BMW brakes are just as easy as replacing brakes on other cars, the only difference is the rotors are held in place by a hex screw.



The Bavarian Motorsport website has newsletters (in PDF) on how to do specific maintenance on your car, including brakes. Go check it out!How do you change the brakes on a 330 BMW xi ?Lets see here (tools extra)

Rotors front 66.95 X2

Rear 60.42

Pads front 68.73

Rear 35.85

Pad lube 2.44

Pad sensors

Front 9.69

Rear 8.99



Special tool for pushing back the pistons 19.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/di



NEVER go cheap and not turn the rotors (SQUEEEEEK) never have them resurfaced unless you broke as a joke. There is also a safety issue since BMW rotors are made out of very soft metal and they get thinner faster than most other cars.



Ok that's the basics. After a brake job you usually and should bleed the brake lines and that car requires more than just using your friends foot.http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread. Some more involved but that's the basics. If you do all that you should have a good brake job done without a squishy petal and a ABS light on or low pad warning. Take your time sit and think out anything you have trouble with it should all come to you. Brakes are still relatively easy to do.How do you change the brakes on a 330 BMW xi ?If you need to be asking this question, then pay someone who knows how to do the job safely and correctly. Trying to do brakes with a wrench in one hand and a book in the other is a recipe for disaster. There are thousands of dollars worth of A.B.S. components that you can damage by pushing contaminater fluid through and hundreds of thousands of dollars of legal ramifications if you screw up. Bite the bullet and get your wallet out!

No comments:

Post a Comment