Thursday, September 22, 2011

When I brake, my right front tire would lock up causing me to skid a little. Anyone know how to fix?

I have a 1989 Toyota VAN, I have changed my brakes, got new tires, and even had my alignment fix and this locking thing would still happen. Anyone know what is the problem? Someone must have experience this before, please let me know what is wrong.When I brake, my right front tire would lock up causing me to skid a little. Anyone know how to fix?You have a very DANGEROUS situation.



Take it back to the shop that did your brakes.



If you did them yourself - take it to a reputable professional. This is going to cost you a lot more than you saved doing it yourself.When I brake, my right front tire would lock up causing me to skid a little. Anyone know how to fix?If you have anti lock, it may be the anti lock system. If not, then one of the valves is going bad in the master cylinder or you have a vacuum booster about to go out.When I brake, my right front tire would lock up causing me to skid a little. Anyone know how to fix?looseen the adjusting nut a few turnsWhen I brake, my right front tire would lock up causing me to skid a little. Anyone know how to fix?The only thing I can think off is that may be the only brake working for it to do what you say. If that were the case the steering wheel would pull to the right and it wouldn't stop very well at all. 1 front wheel is only providing 35% braking efficiency.When I brake, my right front tire would lock up causing me to skid a little. Anyone know how to fix?2 thing come to mind.



1) Proportioning valve, although you really don't see too many problems with these unless you are tinkering with them for racing and such.



2) I had this happen to the rear wheel on my suburban, was the bearing that had worn a grove in the axle shaft, allowing axle grease to reach my brake drums, so when I hit my brakes, that tire would want to lock up.



Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment