Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change the Front discs on a Ford Laser KB 1984 Model?

I am not in any way shape or form mechanically minded however I have a friend who is willing to help me out changing the discs, we would just like to know the process of doing so as neither of us have ever attempted this before!



If anybody would be kind enough to give us a step by step guide, we would love you forever! We have tried googling but as we are newbies at this we aren't too sure what the names of the parts/various nuts are etc and it has gotten quite confusing!



I am having to replace them as my ex boyfriend replaced my brake pads around 3 months ago but one of them has now worn completely down for some reason, which in turn has worn down the disc. I am replacing both discs and pads just to be safe. Should this fix the problem or would this be caused by something else (caliper possibly??). Any advise would be VERY much appreciated!How do I change the Front discs on a Ford Laser KB 1984 Model?If brakes wore down in three months, you have a SERIOUS problem. No insult intended but two novices should not attempt this repair. The pads and rotors are actually very easy to change but the diagnostic for the seized/malfunctioning caliper should be done by someone with experience.How do I change the Front discs on a Ford Laser KB 1984 Model?First I would see if a shop manual is available online or from Ford and follow the procedure. Brakes are obviously an important component for safety and I would recommend you have a qualified shop look at the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment