Monday, September 19, 2011

I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??

I have a 1995 Honda Civic EX by the way. The last time the brakes were changed was shortly before I bought the car from a private party last April of 2007. I haven't noticed problems stopping but then again I don't want to wait until they get to be paper thin to replace them either. I'd like to keep myself and anyone in my car safer with brake pads changed on a regular schedule just like changing my oil and filter. Thanks!I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??the fronts really do most of work i'd change every 10,000 miles do the back at same time hard to do... maybe 1/2 hour each wheel. do fronts first! get a friend to helpp.. it's good for convesation at least!I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??Hi, brakes change will depend on your braking habit. Hard braking means you will wear them out more. Gentle and gradual braking will conserve your brake pads. You can drive 100,000miles and hit your brakes once and they will be as good as new.

Report Abuse

I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??City driving with lots of stop and go will wear brakes more than open highway driving, so the type of driving will play a part in the wear of your brakes.

Report Abuse

I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??For disc brakes, you can see the brake linings on the brake pads and I will consider changing them in pairs on the wheels when the linings wore down to about 1/16th of an inch. You can still have effective braking with them still.

Report Abuse

I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??Your vehicle drive train will also wear brakes more. If you have a front-wheel drive car, the front brakes will tend to wear faster due to having stop heavier momentum, likewise the rear brakes for rear-wheel drive. Take a look at the brake pads for best gauge to replacing them.

Report Abuse

I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??If there is no damage other than normal wear, they should last at leat 10 thousand miles. and possibly even more i have 15 000 on mine. and i want to replace thms soon. they are allright they are just worn down too low to suit me. This has been 5 years for me. That would be about 3000 miles a year for me.I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??Most if not all cars with disc brakes have a little metal plate which rubs against the disc when you are getting to the stage where they need to be replaced, the wear indicator will make a screeching sound when it's time to replace the pads, my last set of pads lasted me 100,000 km's.I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??Disc brake pads have a sensor built in on them. It all depends on how much you drive your car. If your discs are smooth, your pads will last for a very long time. Listen for a scraping sound that will usually go away when you hit the brakes.I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??Have your tires rotated on a regular basis by someone that knows what they are doing.Each time they (or you), can visually inspect the pads and know how much pad you have leftI have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??A good breakpad should last up to 100,000 miles.I have disc brakes in the front and back. How often (miles or time) should I change the brake pads??On all autos, with disk brakes, the brake pad has a flexible metal tab, that creates a %26quot;skreching/rubbing%26quot; noise when the thickness of the pad becomes unsafe. In most cars, the front wheels/brakes will wear faster than the rear pads. The amount that the car is used, whether in the city with a lot of stop and go traffic, or in the country, with long open driving condition, will determine the frequency of need to %26quot;re-do your brakes%26quot;. Of importance, if you do hear the sound of scrapping/rubbing noise, if allowed to go too long, will cause your brake rotors to wear abnormally. Making additional cost of brake repair. Usually when detected early, changing the pads frequently will prolong the life of your rotor, and even the calipers holding the pad will last longer. Your oil, and engine maintenance will be required a lot more often than the need to replace your brake pads. Most auto service centers, will provide a courtesy walk around inspection of your car when you take it in for your routine oil change service. A sign of wear of your brakes, is sometime seen as a black dust/powder showing through your wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment